Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information about our clients and/or their employees is very important to Benefits Network. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
Benefits Network complies with the various consumer privacy and security regulations including the Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), HIPAA, FACT ACT and The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law No. 111-148), as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Public Law No. 111-152), and the Social Security Act.
We are authorized to collect private/personal information and any supporting documentation, including social security numbers by signed privacy statements through various insurance carriers and the marketplace.
We need the information provided about you and the other individuals listed including your employees and dependents to determine eligibility for enrollment in a qualified health plan through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace or direct with an insurance carrier.
While providing the requested information (including social security numbers) is voluntary, failing to provide it may delay or prevent your ability to obtain health coverage through the Marketplace or direct with an insurance carrier. If you don’t provide correct information or knowingly and willfully provide false or fraudulent information, you may be subject to a penalty and other law enforcement action.
Benefits Network limits access to our customers and/or their employee’s information to only those persons or entities who need access to the information to perform their job functions and only with whom we have a privacy agreement including:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Marketplace
- Insurance Carriers
- Other Agents and Brokers of VCS Group, Your Health Insurance Shop and Other Agencies in the process of:
- Quoting, submitting applications, proof of income, claims administration, general administration, and other selected information on your behalf.
Benefits Network and our employees use technology and design our business practices to safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information we collect, receive, or maintain about our customer’s and/or their employees. Benefits Network strives to protect against anticipated threats or hazards to such records and to protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information or records.
Should you have any questions concerning this privacy statement please contact Benefits Networks Corporate Headquarters listed below.
Benefits Network recommends the following ways for you to protect your identity:
- Don’t give out your social security number and/or personal information
- Don’t use PIN numbers when making purchases
- Exercise caution online
- Be careful with your email
- Guard your trash
- Check your credit report regularly, go to annualcreditreport.com
- Buy credit checking service
- Remove personal information from old computers
- Google sites for more preventative information