We are happy to see lots of activity with the UnitedHealthCare Products.
For those that have found success in partnering with us on these products – Congratulations on your sales!!!
We hope you found the implemenation process with Benefits Network & the carrier to be smooth. With that being said, we hope you are beginning to reap your rewards…Are you receiving your commissions from the carrier?
UnitedHealthCare (for UHC Traditional Products) and UnitedHealthOne (for AllSavers Alternative Funding Products) are structured to pay you (or your agency) directly.
If you are not receiving commissions 30-60 days after the clients effective date, or have any questions about your UHC Commission Structure, assistance can be found by contacting the carriers Broker Service Line.
UnitedHealthcare Broker Services (for United Products): The helpful shortcut provided by our contact Josh Trembulak is…
- Dial: 1-888-842-4571
- select Option 1,
- if you do not know (or have) a policy number – key in seven Zeros (0) and #
- Say yes
- Select Option 4 for commissions
UnitedHealthOne Broker Service Center ( for All Savers Products):
- Dial: 1-800-474-4467
- For commission select Option 3
- Enter Producer Number (if unknown, stay on the line to be directed to a representative)
As many of you are aware, Highmark is experiencing billing delays for some group and individual clients for December, January and February, due to the large volume of enrollment activity. Commission is generated when premium is received, so billing issues can directly impact commission payout accuracy. We apologize for the inconvenience to you and your clients.
A SWAT team has been organized to fast track the fixes for the delays. In the meantime, please assure your clients Highmark is focused on getting this resolved as soon as possible. While it is currently challenging to investigate each issue, we ask for your patience as we resolve this problem globally and pledge to keep you informed with updates as soon as they become available.
When the issues are resolved and Highmark receives premium, your full commission will be paid. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and ask for your patience.
The Flu Is Sneaky
It follows you into classrooms, workplaces, airplanes, even movie theaters. Being sick and cold weather seem to go hand in hand. While the flu vaccine is not working as well as usual against the H3N2 virus, vaccination can still protect people and reduce hospitalizations and death, and it will protect against other flu viruses, according to the CDC.
At UPMC Health Plan, we want you, your clients, and their employees to stay healthy wherever they are. So protect yourself. Get your flu shot today. (And pass the word on to your clients.) To learn more, visit
Getting Medical Care Fast
Clients and their employees can e-visit a UPMC provider straight from their computer, anytime of the day or night.The service provides:
- A personalized care plan and a prescription, if needed, from a UPMC provider – usually within 30 minutes.
- Fast and convenient medical attention while cutting down on lost work time.
Individuals must be in the state of Pennsylvania at the time of their visit.
To learn more:
More Transparent Health Care with…
Medical Cost Estimator
- Lets employees of your client know what their estimated cost will be for medical procedures.
- It takes into account their plan and their most recent claims.
- Lets employees see how cost varies by facility.
- Log on to MyHealth OnLine to access the Medical Cost Estimator.
- Lets your clients’ employees see all of the treatment options for a particular medical condition.
- Provides crowd-source data similar to what many websites offer with customer ratings and reviews.
- Employees see what people who had the procedure thought of it.
- It also shows what doctors think of specific treatments.
- Log on to MyHealth OnLine to access the Medical Cost Estimator.
When members know all the treatment options – and their estimated cost – ahead of time, they make better, more informed decisions. More engaged employees can have a positive effect on your clients’ bottom line.
As mandated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, UPMC Health Plan is required to notify both employers and members 90 days prior to their plan end date that their 2014 SHOP-eligible plan has been discontinued for 2015.
Therefore to ensure uninterrupted coverage for 2015, UPMC Health Plan is offering a comparable direct purchase plan as described in the renewal packets mailed to employers. These renewal packets provide information about changes being made to premiums, cost-sharing, and other specific plan details. Employers will be auto-enrolled in a comparable plan unless they choose to select a different plan. For your convenience, we have attached copies of both letters that have been sent out for the last few months for your review:
Aetna announced a broker bonus program for new commercial medical groups headquartered in the Northeast Region. Participation is easy and you can earn up to $40 per member.
Here’s how it works:
- Sell fully insured or self-funded commercial medical groups with 100-3,000 eligible employees effective January 1, 2015 through March 31, 2015.
- Earn $40 for each new insured or self-funded member.
- Requires a minimum of two medical cases and 500 medical members (subscribers and their covered dependents)
- Applies to both Aetna and Coventry HealthAmerica products
- Self-funded groups must include Aetna stop-loss coverage.
If you sell two medical cases with 300 eligible employees and 500 members enroll, you’ll earn $20,000.
This broker bonus program is in addition to other bonuses you may qualify for in 2014 and 2015.
Please contact your Aetna or Coventry HealthAmerica representative if you have any questions or need more information.
- The max payout per broker is $100,000.
- Payment will be processed by July 1, 2015.
- Bonus applies to Aetna or Coventry HealthAmerica brokers in the Northeast Region.
- Broker or firm must be the active broker of record at the time of the payout. The medical case must be active with Aetna at the time of the payout.
- Production must be submitted under a single TIN. We will not combine production from multiple brokers or TINs.
- Cases may only have one broker of record, no split cases.
- Cases sold under Medicare, Aetna Affordable Health Choices, Student Health Plans and Aetna Signature Administrators are not eligible for qualification or payment under this bonus program.
- Public Sector and Labor Businesses with over 500 eligible employees are not included in this bonus program.
- Aetna reserves the right to change, discontinue or adjust the program at any time.